10 Wellness Tips from Dr. Robert Graham
Dr. Graham flooded us with facts that are truly jaw-dropping, and inspiring for making life changes. Our advice is to start where you are most comfortable, which will look a little different for everyone. There is no singular way to do things, but incorporating a little or a lot of the tips and information below will go a long way for your gut, brain, heart, body & mind!
- To treat his patients, Dr. Graham starts with food, then supplements, and lastly, medication.
- The word restaurant comes from the word restore. Initially restaurants were built to restore people as they traveled from place to place. We are here to bring back restaurants as a place of wellness!
- Read closely here: When food is NO good, medicine is of NO use; When food is GOOD, medicine is of NO use.
- Adding a 3% increase of plants into your diet, decreases mortality by 10%.
- Eat your smallest meal of the day in the late afternoon or evening because it allows your gut and brain connection to thrive.
- The gut is called the second brain. What you experience in your gut, you will experience in your body.
- A Japanese principal of eating to adopt is called “Hara hachi bu,” and means to eat only until you are 80% full.
- Your body does not have a processing machine inside it. This is why as humans, we cannot handle processed foods without disrupting our gut lining.
- F.R.E.S.H stands for: Food, Relaxation, Exercise, Sleep, Happiness. Words to live by!
- To have a healthy life you must create routines that allow for all of the above.