A Little Bit of Yoga
goes a long way for me each day;
The trick to practicing daily, as in any good habit, is finding a way to make it easy and enjoyable and rewarding to take those 20 minutes; there are a million distractions each day that make it easy to push aside this practice BUT I have found a few things that make it easier to actually practice each morning:
- my mat is always unrolled, in its spot
- I keep it in one very small room that doesn’t need to get used for anything else in the day
- I keep my yoga book open to the pages I want to follow
- I start the practice in really simple poses that feel amazing (child’s pose or savasana 🙂 and then move on to deeper stretches;
- I never just sit there holding an uncomfortable pose.. instead I move in and out of it, over and over again so I get loosened up mentally and physically as I go ( i learned this type of practice through a book by Gary Kraftsow, Yoga for Wellness, and I can’t write/say enough good as to how impactful this book has been in my life) ; in fact, if you cant find me at Krush one day, its probably because I retreated to one of his teacher trainings :)!