Fourth of July Catering with Our Cauliflower Rice!
You already know cooking in our home kitchens tops our list of favorite things to do. But this July 4th we’re going to skip the home cooking and head straight to Krush to pick up our potato salad platters, zucchini pesto pasta, and our coveted cauliflower “fried” rice topped with grass-fed steak!
Why does cauliflower rice make us so happy?! We think it’s because it tastes like we’re indulging in something extravagant and rich, but instead it’s a bountiful platter of immune boosting healthy goodness. Cauliflower tops the list for life enhancing foods as it’s so high in antioxidants, fiber and choline, which helps calm the nerve endings in your brain!
So this July 4th, we’ll be celebrating by not cooking…and instead spending quality time with the people we missed out on for so long these past few months. Our extended families and friends are coming over to party, and there won’t be much kitchen time, but instead boating, backyard games, sangria pitchers and lots of s’mores!
Thank goodness for Organic Krush catering so we can focus this year on the special people in our lives! You can order easily by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our Fourth of July catering menu here or our full catering menu here.
If you do happen to be more ambitious than we are this July 4th then we have an AWESOME and EASY cauliflower “fried” rice recipe and video that will help you serve a crowd! Let us know what you think!
Crowd Pleasing Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 2 heads cauliflower, chopped into small florets and rinsed (cut away any brown parts)
- 4 limes
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Using a food processor, “rice” the cauliflower by pulsing repeatedly until florets are tiny rice sized pieces; for two heads of cauliflower you will need to do this in 2 batches.
- On medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter and swirl in 2 tbsp olive oil
- When melted, add half the batch of cauliflower rice, and sauté until the slightest bit of browning occurs. Turn off heat.
- Squeeze 1.5-2 limes onto warm cauliflower; top with roughly chopped cilantro.
- Repeat with the second batch of cauliflower.
Here’s to healthy indulgent foods and a weekend celebrating with Family and Friends!
Fran and Michelle