Why We LOVE Immune- Boosting “Shots”
Ever since I was a child, I’ve been drinking weird concoctions. My parents believed in the food is medicine principal, so during my growing up years (the 80’s and 90’s) my sisters and I were subjected to all sorts of interesting “medicine’s” : Herbal teas, homeopathic remedies, homemade juices. Fast forward to current days, and food as medicine is no longer a strange concept.
What a relief that many more of us are able to find recipes and advice as to how to fuel our bodies (specifically our digestive system) with powerful and delicious foods and juices. One of the most enjoyable ways to get immune boosts are through these powerful little drinks called Wellness Shots, of which we offer 3 varieties: The Classic Wellness Shot, Immunity, and The Flu Shot. Why do we love them?
- They have such interesting ingredients, such as garlic, cardamom, cayenne and pineapple! If variety is the spice of life then we have certainly found a way to spice up our hydration!
- Each ingredient serves a purpose; did you know that garlic and ginger have serious anti-viral and anti-microbial capabilities? Pineapple is incredibly high in vitamin C and cardamom is known to improve the oxygen carrying capacity of our cells. Cayenne boosts metabolism and when interacting with turmeric, apparently allows the inflammation reduction to begin!
- These shots can be made into herbal teas; If you want an extra fantastic way to boost your hydration, pour one of these shots into a cup of warm (not boiling) tea water. Sip all morning or all afternoon, gaining the benefits of being hydrated and immune -supported.
- These shots offer inspiration for making your own concoctions at home. My parents did it and so can we! Grate some fresh turmeric and ginger, squeeze some lemon, shake some cardamom and cinnamon. Why not? These ancient roots and spices are trusted around the world for their medicinal properties.
- They make a nice evening mocktail– we love ourselves a glass of wine at the end of the day, but sometimes an interesting substitute does a body good! Combine with sparkling water and some fresh herbs like mint with the flu shot, thyme with the Immunity, and Cinnamon with the Wellness. A sip into these delicious drinks and you won’t even notice there’s no alcohol.
At Krush, we focus on small choices everyday that add up to a lifetime of well-being. These shots empower you to own your own wellness story, which is a really important story to own! We’d love to hear what you think of these little powerhouses.
Here’s to a world of strong immune systems !